Music Banter - View Single Post - Orgasm In Journal Form-A James Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 10:16 PM   #20 (permalink)
Alfred
one big soul

James, this may be my new favorite journal. It stuns me how much we have in common and I never realized it.

First off, great to see you reviewing Pig Destroyer. I'll admit, I haven't heard that album, but I adore Terrifyer and enjoy Phantom Limb a great deal. I'm not a massive grindcore fan, I like some of it, but they're one of the bands I always go back to.

Secondly, glad to see you give a nod to Envy. Recitation is an awesome album, one of my favorites of last year and certainly my favorite Envy album. It blew me away on first listen.

Finally, your last post put a huge smile of my face. I too once had a crappy year, similar to that one (although I was 14 when mine happened, not as recent or... mature I suppose). And you tying David Comes To Life, my favorite album of 2011. I agree that the album is a metaphor for a bad breakup, and the pain, guilt, and finally, acceptance felt and expressed by one party. It's an album most of us can relate to.

I agree that this year was great for punk. Have you heard Touche Amore's Parting The Sea Between Brightness And Me? You might like it if you liked Wildlife. It's the same style of punk, but faster, briefer, and more direct.

Anyways, awesome thread, will read again.