Music Banter - View Single Post - Religious people: what is your level of observance?
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 12:49 PM   #374 (permalink)
Bane of your existence
Such That

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomClancy11 View Post
Erm... God may or may not exist, but I would rather maintain my sanity and assume that there isn't an all knowing super being of which there is zero proof of his existence.

I think if I died and it turned out that god did in fact exist, he would more likely accept me, an atheist, into his kingdom for having the common sense to disbelieve an obvious work of fiction that would more than likely read to him like a a tabloid smear story.
But I'm the opposite. I have no idea what the universal truths are, or whether or not God exists. But I relieve stress and maintain my sanity by praying. I'm not sure if there is some sentient being that's getting the message, or if I'm just talking to myself. But it's therapeutic for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubato View Post
Because agnosticism is boring, if someone has a belief to prove it makes the world a little more interesting.
Boring, but why convict yourself to something that you don't know? I think agnosticism is more logical than atheism.
Bane of your existence is offline   Reply With Quote