Music Banter - View Single Post - Religious people: what is your level of observance?
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 06:02 PM   #413 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Limb View Post
He clearly said that he meant all religions, not just christianity.

While the lessons that most religions teach are beneficial, believing that there is a higher power is foolish. Having a "lack of evidence" for the non-existence of god/gods is not anything like having a lack of evidence for the existence of god.
I don't know if you're speaking to me or Blast, but let me explain why your wrong. And why i think your arrogant in your closed-mindedness.

We have this thing called science. Science has rules. For the most part, to prove something you need a constant and a variable. You need a controlled experiment. You cannot do this with god for one of the following reasons:

1. You don't beleive in God, you don't believe God exists anywhere, therefore you can't run an experiement with God in it.

2. You do believe in God, you believe God is everywhere, therefore you can't run and experient without God in it.

This starts the argument. Seeing as you can disprove God just as easily as you can prove him, you need to move from there. And since I'm talking about a constant - What I don't know - and you're assuming quite a bit - talking about things you can't know - if anyone is being reasonable here its those of us who are willing to concede that we don't know everything.

Now as for Limb and Clancy, I don't know if they have died, come back and can tell us there is nothing out there, I hope they enlighten us on their experiences. But I myself have not died, I've never seen the absense of beings beyond here and I don't know what could be out there.

Could it be nothing? Certainly. But I don't know that. I'm being told by other posters that my position is absurd. I'd love to hear more from them.