Music Banter - View Single Post - Do you think the 9/11 attack in New York was an inside job?
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 06:07 PM   #48 (permalink)
blastingas10
Music Addict

Someone asked why the government would want to do this intentionally. Although I don't believe the government was responsible, I think the reason would be to justify a war. If the government did do it, it was just a staged act of propaganda.

However, I don't think America was attacked just because the terrorists hate us because we are "free and prosperous". There's more to it.

It's called "blowback", a CIA term used to describe the negative consequences of mostly secretive foreign actions taken by the United States.

There are millions of Americans, probably even a majority, who believe that 9/11 literally came out of the blue. That on September 10, 2001, we were minding our own business, then on the next day the United States was attacked for no reason. But the truth is, in the eyes of the rest of the world, we haven't been minding our own business for a very long time.

When the democratically-elected prime minister of Iran, Mohammed Mossadegh, decided to nationalize his country's oil supply in 1953, the CIA secretly orchestrated his overthrow and installed the shah of Iran, Mohammad Reza Pahlavi. Under the shah, U.S. oil companies took over half of Iran's production. The shah was also a ruthless dictator, who through his secret police, tortured and murdered thousands of his own people. These atrocities took place with the full support of the United States.

Chanting "death to the American Satan" in 1979, the Iranian people overthrew the shah, empowering a new dictator, the Ayatollah Khomeini. Most Americans of a certain age can remember well the Iranian hostage crisis of 1979, in which Iranians held dozens of U.S. citizens hostage for 444 days. What most probably didn't realize was that the hostage crisis was provoked by decades of U.S. intervention. It too was caused by "blowback."
blastingas10 is offline   Reply With Quote