Music Banter - View Single Post - Kreayshawn vs Rooney Mara(girl with dragon tattoo)
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 04:58 AM   #6 (permalink)
GuitarBizarre
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Salami View Post
I know a gigantic series about child abuse in Sweden might disgust you, but they are number one bestsellers, and people really like them.
Plenty of terrible things sell well, and its no secret people are idiots.

Also, dark story matter doesn't actually mean a thing is mature or well done, and being a best seller doesn't mean the book is any good. I mean for gods sake, have you ever READ some of the schlock that ends up on best sellers lists? Its a neverending torrent of crap crime fiction and pretentious **** and the only reason its there is bored housewives and because theres never anything else on the book racks at newsagents. Ever tried to find a fantasy or scifi novel at a train station bookstore? (Which is pretty much the place that matters when dealing with bestsellers, because people will buy a book before a long journey or whatever.) Nope. Not gonna find it. Its *ALL* terrible romance and "Crime Thrillers".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!
GuitarBizarre is offline   Reply With Quote