Music Banter - View Single Post - Hurricane Katrina
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2005, 07:46 PM   #31 (permalink)
Jonah
My real name is Renee.

I can understand looting, simply for the fact of survival; food and water is survival. However, what good is stealing a tv if you can't plug it in anywhere.....seriously....where did these people think they could take all the **** they took? Furthermore, the people who did manage to steal what they could hide, had to remove it during security searches when they arrived at the shelters and the out-of-state facilities.

Also, the violence, rapes, and murders are disgraceful, yet not suprising....true, the whole community is in utter chaos, but even if those odd thousand people weren't all crammed inside that super dome, the murders, rapes and violence would still exist, but on a bigger scale. I do understand human chaos, feelings of rage, and uncertainty, because we can only take enough mental strain until we explode, either emotionally or physically. NO food and NO water, and NO answers = frustration beyond feelings. Humans just need to channel their negative energies...

One thing that bugs the hell out of me is the fact that in times of life or death, our society has so many problems and conflicts with the idea of cohabitating together. In other countries and societies, families of 20 or more live together in one little hut.....it makes me question if our society has flawed some of the best qualities of living period.

If disasters weren't enough, humans have to add to the fire.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9178253/