Music Banter - View Single Post - The problems with homosexuality
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2011, 05:50 AM   #974 (permalink)
ThePhanastasio
Killed Laura Palmer

From the Libertarian viewpoint, it is contrary to freedom in that governmental control and regulation of how free market enterprises are carried out infringes on their rights as individuals.

By forcing businesses to hire people who are gay, transgender, etc., they are being forced by the government to accept a viewpoint which they may or may not hold. In a lot of ways, it's kind of like forcing a punk rock venue to book pop acts, just because that's a more popular genre of music.

I'm not saying it's right at all - Hell, I'm gay - but the idea is that businesses should be allowed to conduct their business in the way they feel right. Limited government control and all of that.

I don't agree with this, but at the same time I'm not going to go out and try to gain employment with an overtly religious organization or anything of the sort, because they don't hold my beliefs, nor do I theirs. It's a double-edged sword.

Even if they're forced by law to be an equal opportunity employer, hiring me isn't go to change their mind about the gay community, and it's ultimately just going to lead to a tense situation. You can't force ignorant people to change their mind, much like they can't force me or anyone else to reconsider our sexual orientation. It's just an ugly situation, and I'm not a huge fan of overt provocation.

It's a hand-me-down, the thoughts are broken
Perhaps they're better left unsung
ThePhanastasio is offline   Reply With Quote