Music Banter - View Single Post - Why is Madonna so overrated?
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2011, 12:54 PM   #30 (permalink)
eraser.time206
Music Addict

Default yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMR View Post
I quite like Madonna for a pop female artist, and I think she's quite talented. Unlike many of her successors, she wasn't manufactured by an agent with a recording contract in place. In response to many of the posters, I agree with Salami in that I don't think her fans are overly zealous (a la Lady Ga Ga), and I agree with Il Duce, I really like "Into the Groove"... definitely my favorite Madonna song. Plus, Madonna is an actual musician and played guitar, drums, and sang in a band (The Breakfast Club) before her solo career took off. She's also a professionally trained dancer, so I don't think her talent can be questioned.

Off topic... I read in the current issue of Classic Rock Magazine that Brian May is considering Lady Ga Ga as front woman for a possible upcoming Queen tour. No one can replace Freddie, but I would actually love to see that.
My encounters with obsessed Madonna fans admittedly is few but I'm just curious as to how someone would be obsessed with her and why her music outsold other many artists of her time. Obviously she was a star ecause of her antics but wouldn't people have some time of discernment to separate entertainment from quality music?

Lady Gaga's music is average but her individual talent far surpasses Madonna. If she really wanted to she could make very good music but she (like many other artists) is too concerned with money and fame to take that route.
Before I go on, let me warn you that I talk dirty, and that I will say things you will neither enjoy nor agree with. You shouldn't feel threatened, though, because I am a mere buffoon, and you are all philosophers.
eraser.time206 is offline   Reply With Quote