Music Banter - View Single Post - The Evolution of Music: Accident, or Adaptation?
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 04:41 AM   #197 (permalink)
Salami
Get in ma belly

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveeden888 View Post

steve
"This video is not available in your country"

Seriously, the Who were from England, for God's sake! Why are they being racist!!!!!???

Anyway, to look at your previous post:

Quote:
Do you believe that the human mind is capable of any sort of 'psychic' phenomenon?
I haven't found any really convincing evidence for that yet. I'm not saying it's impossible, but I am currently skeptical.
Quote:
If a single strand of DNA can contain the entire genetic code, what do you think the mind is capable of, or is limited by?
I don't quite see how the first part of this leads on to the second...!
But asking about the mind's limitations, I must point out that evolution rarely ever produces the "optimal" or "perfect" solution to any limitation. That would be so specialized that the result would be destroyed by the smallest environmental change. As soon as there is something that "works," selection pressure falls fast.
Quote:
Do you think it is capable of telepathic communication?

Do you think that there is anything that manipulate the human thought process, other than in a hallucinogenic manner?
Assuming that you're referring to the effects of chemicals, then of course the thought process is effected by other factors.
People who are conditioned to think in a particular way, either by strict political or strict religious environments will view the world completely differently.
I know that you already know that, but the principle is the same: thought processes are effected by the circumstance as much as anything else.
Quote:
If your computer screen had eyes, and you were looking at its left eye; which eye is looking back at you? Is a mirror image a hallucination?
Errr.....
Salami is offline   Reply With Quote