Music Banter - View Single Post - The Evolution of Music: Accident, or Adaptation?
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 05:37 AM   #198 (permalink)
blankety blank
Passerby

Mighty Salami;1137510]"This video is not available in your country"

Quote:
Seriously, the Who were from England, for God's sake! Why are they being racist!!!!!???
That is strange. I think they still are from England. I saw them in Ohio about 4 years ago with my son. Maybe they moved

Anyway, to look at your previous post:

Quote:
I haven't found any really convincing evidence for that yet. I'm not saying it's impossible, but I am currently skeptical.
I have to believe it. Or, I'm nuts, one or the other. I was sort of astral yanked by the hair, and, shown a freaky vision. No drugs involved.

Have you ever had one of those little whispers of thought that you wonder about? They usually are a warning type, not to do something you are about to do. You ignore it, and, do it anyway? Bad sh*t happens. I think everyone has had one or a hundred of those.

It was me telling you

Quote:
I don't quite see how the first part of this leads on to the second...!
But asking about the mind's limitations, I must point out that evolution rarely ever produces the "optimal" or "perfect" solution to any limitation. That would be so specialized that the result would be destroyed by the smallest environmental change. As soon as there is something that "works," selection pressure falls fast.
It didn't. I just threw it out of left field. I guess we will have to wait and see on that one. If we don't blow ourselves up first.

Quote:
Assuming that you're referring to the effects of chemicals, then of course the thought process is effected by other factors.
People who are conditioned to think in a particular way, either by strict political or strict religious environments will view the world completely differently.
I know that you already know that, but the principle is the same: thought processes are effected by the circumstance as much as anything else.
classic classical conditioning in an operant fashion. The way of the world. I was referring more to the subconscious thought producers that I am certain exist. I cannot explain exactly how it works, but, I know we pick up transmissions from somewhere that is not located in the frontal lobe.

I can't explain it, it has to be experienced to understand. Or, even experienced and not understood completely. The little family feud that goes on inside our little minds is part of it.

Or, if I try, I'll irritate the hell out of someone for talking metaphysics, and archetypes. The monad can drive you mad

Quote:
Errr.....
I agree. It's late, or early I suppose. I have insomnia, and have been up all night. Sorry for being a bit goofy

Here is my favorite Who song. My theme song. I used to sing it in karaoke bars.

peace.....I hope you get this one.

steve