Music Banter - View Single Post - The Final Sound
Thread: The Final Sound
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 02:43 AM   #62 (permalink)
starrynight
Music Addict

Just an observation Pedestrian but maybe you haven't been looking hard enough.

I've made positive comments about some things here for sure, whether older things (Elton John, The Moody Blues, Ultravox, Coltrane's Giant Steps, The Beatles, the Pakistani music thread, Lieder recommendations I made in a classical thread) or newer things (Kate Bush, Girls, Emmy the Great, First Aid Kid, Thai pop, Fitz and the Tantrums, Evelyn Evelyn) to name just a few. I don't have the time to look through all my posts, but I don't think I really have anything I need to prove. It's very easy to come in on a board and say 'this album's amazing! Wow, incredible!' but I don't think that opens up much for discussion. Of course some people won't like even a slight criticism being made about something they like but I tend to think that is their problem. Some people maybe don't like discussion so much and would prefer just having appreciation threads, which is ok that's their choice but it isn't mine. Again, some people will make assumptions about this post being about them (don't people always want to think that lol) but I'm talking in general terms about music boards.