Music Banter - View Single Post - Guns N’ Roses: Appetite for Destruction- 1987
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 08:08 AM   #8 (permalink)
Necromancer
Divination

The only thing I could find concerning Warrior Soul is that they coined the term "Acid Punk", particularly the Space Age Playboys album.

The style predicted what was going to break on the American and International rock music scene with the success of Green Day and The Offspring. Nothing concerning the term suggesting them as being "The Missing Link".

Green Day was widely credited, alongside fellow California punk bands Sublime, The Offspring and Rancid, with popularizing and reviving mainstream interest in punk rock in the United States in 1994, when their major label debut Dookie became a breakout success.

I personally label most all the bands from the 90s like Green Day, Smashing Pumpkins, Wallflowers, Live, (just to mention a few) and even the Seattle Grunge bands in the Alternative Rock category.

Maybe they (Warrior Soul) did play a much bigger role as a band with a distinct sound unlike all the others during the transition between 80s Glam and the 90s Grunge Duce. I'm not trying to discredit your statement. I'm glad you brought them to my attention, Thanks!

I still believe that Guns N' Roses is the band that played the major role in helping to bring the 80s Glam/Metal era to an end.
Necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote