Music Banter - View Single Post - The Final Sound
Thread: The Final Sound
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 12:11 PM   #64 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Yeah, agree: pretty amazing (other than that damn title track!), but I think if I've to choose a top album for 2011 --- look for the Polly Awards in the new year! --- it has to be Lanterns on the Lake's debut, "Gracious tide, take me home". Never, EVER heard a debut that was not only so incredible (sorry starrynight!) but was unexpectedly so. Having few hopes of it even being good, it absolutely blew me apart, never mind away.

Anyway, more soon... (shameless plug to be inserted into every member's journal on which I comment...)

As for negativity, that as well is in the eye of the beholder. If someone said Marillion were crap I'd consider that negative, but someone who doesn't like that band would not. Maybe. Anyway, honesty is always the best isn't it? No point saying everything is great --- this is a discussion forum, not an agreement forum, and for proper discussion there has to be at least two points of view, usually opposing or at least different, otherwise as SN says it's nothing more than an appreciation thread...