Music Banter - View Single Post - JayJamJah R.I.P.
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 02:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
Son of JayJamJah
Occams Razor

thanks to Richard for doing this for me and everyone here who had taken the time to comment already. I've been informed that my father was pretty private on here but that is consistent with who he was in his everyday life. I'd open to sharing any of the aspects of his life some of you might have wondered about in the hopes of gaining an occasional dialogue and further memories of Dad.

I really appreciate the kind words and encourage memories of all kinds to be shared. I regret not being closer to him despite his best efforts to keep a general distance between most of the people in his life. His letters to me and my siblings (which led me here among other online nitches he carved on the internet) were a reminder of everything that made my Dad so special to me. He had a never ending passion for people and ideas but was (in his mind) to emotionally vulnerable to let anyone get close for more than a moment at a time.

Searching through his posts here so far I see some moments that I imagine brought his great joy. Even when my Dad and I didn't talk much I could always count on a letter or email once a week that would have me crying, laughing or reaching for the phone to tell him I love him (though he never answered) When my Dad wrote he was happy. He wrote a lot here, I see that an know he cared about the people here in his own way.

Thanks again to everyone, my name is Jayson and I will check in here as much as I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboard adolescent View Post
i prefer foreplay. the orgasm is overrated.
If you're posting in the music forums make sure to be thoughtful and expressive, if you're posting in the lounge ask yourself "is this something that adds to the conversation?" It's important to remember that a lot of people use each thread. You're probably not as funny or clever as you think, I know I'm not.

My Van Morrison Discography Thread
Son of JayJamJah is offline   Reply With Quote