Music Banter - View Single Post - Do people need alcohol to have fun?
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 04:36 PM   #13 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Down View Post
I personally believe that if somebody says they absolutely can't have any kind of fun without having alcohol in their system, then they have a problem with drinking. I'm sorry if this offends anyone, but this opinion stems from my personal experiences. I come from an alarmingly long line of alcoholics on both sides of my family (but my mother doesn't drink and dad drinks in moderation), and they have all said something along those lines.
I see this more as that person having a problem with not drinking.

Not being able to have fun without alcohol can vary between people who claim that they need the alc to have fun. Of course there will be many of these people who are hopeless alcoholics, but there are also several different kinds of drinkers who hold the same opinion without having the "disease" of alcoholicism...or just don't know what they are really saying because they're hammered already. It really depends on how they define fun in the long run.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote