Music Banter - View Single Post - Favorite Soundtrack Only Songs
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011, 06:04 AM   #61 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra View Post
Megadeth has a couple of really amazing songs that basically were released for only soundtrack that are generally much better than their regular studio output:

I like the video for "99 Ways to Die," especially when the images of children killed by guns flash across the screen during the frenzied electric guitar solo! The gun statistics are chilling. I didn't realize how many children die due to using their parents' handguns.

I looked up the video and learned it was directed by Wayne Isham. He did a good job bringing more depth to that song.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaqarbal View Post
Someone had to mention Moon River (Mercer & Mancini for Breakfast at Tiffany's). Impossible not to fall in love with Audrey Hepburn.

Ooo! I had no idea that "Moon River" is from the movie "Breakfast at Tiffany's," which I've never seen, Zaqarbal. Yes, isn't Audrey Hepburn elegantly adorable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaqarbal View Post
3. Say You, Say Me, from White Nights. Perhaps because I associate it with Isabella Rossellini, who was amazingly beautiful in that movie.

Heh...I never cared for that song and had forgotten it came from "White Nights," but I remember eating up the movie because it had dancing! I've forgotten almost everything about the movie other than the general plot...Soviet dancer defects to the U.S....but I *do* remember Isabella Rossellini.

If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"

Last edited by VEGANGELICA; 12-31-2011 at 06:13 AM.
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote