Music Banter - View Single Post - Skrillex:Yay, or Nay?
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2012, 10:11 AM   #25 (permalink)
The Bullet
Music Addict

New EP isn't that great and I feel like his other stuff is much more original ("Right On Time" is an execption), but aside from that, he's awesome. I really don't think he would get half the hate if he didn't call himself dubstep. The hate comes from people who expect him to sound like Skream, who's also a genius, but Skream is Skream and Skrillex is Skrillex. "My Name Is Skrillex" and "With You, Friends" are a couple of my favorite songs that are actually on his EP's (I really recommend that anyone who hasn't heard his non-brosteppy stuff listens to the later, it's quite an accomplishment of composition as opposed to his usual stuff which is quite an accomplishment of production, soundscaping and replicating the sounds of breaking headphones.) For the songs that are released individually, I have to agree that his older stuff is better.

GB is right that most of you guys are saying "now that he's popular, he isn't good." You guys better get use to him, because I have the feeling he's nowhere near done rising yet, for the better or worse. If he continues to head downhill like he did with this EP, than I can easily see it being for the worse. All that being said, I can't stand the music he made with From First To Last (or almost any screamo for that matter) so he's had his ups and downs in my eyes and I can easily see him rebounding.
The Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote