Music Banter - View Single Post - PPP (Po's Psychedelic Playlist.)
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2012, 12:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
PoorOldPo
Blue Pill Oww

Default PPP (Po's Psychedelic Playlist.)

Thought I would share with you guys some of my favourite psychedelic music and how it has shaped me as a person and how it made me take up art.

Here we go. First psychedelic music that truly absorbed me was contemporary psychedelic music all the way from Australia.

TAME IMPALA

Now I don't usually say this about music, EVER, but this album changed my life I think. It made me see things differently, like someone taking acid for the first time, I never saw things the same again after hearing this music.

These guys took me down the multicoloured path of psychedelic music I am currently down. And led to me taking up art without ever doing it in school. The singer of the band even got to see my art which was so inspired by his beautiful music.

I was really led to Tame Impala through MGMT, when I heard of them supporting them while in America.

I started listening to the Beatles properly then.

THE BEATLES-Tomorrow never knows(alternate version) - YouTube

I was even surprised to find good psychedelic music coming from Ireland with My Bloody Valentine.

And of course a number of bands from the mid to late 60's in America who were essentially the pioneers of this form of music.

Love - Red Telephone

My Bloody Valentine - Sometimes - YouTube

Country Joe and the Fish - Grace

Last edited by PoorOldPo; 02-05-2012 at 08:02 AM.
PoorOldPo is offline   Reply With Quote