Music Banter - View Single Post - American Presidency Campaign
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 10:19 AM   #10 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykonos View Post
I couldn't claim to be an expert on US politics, but I'd like to see Obama get re-elected. In the minute chance that it won't happen, I'd go for Romney. He may be a Republican, but he's refreshingly Liberal in a party that's mostly built around ignorant bible-bashing Conservatives in this election (hi Rick Perry!) but seeing as his own party seem to hate him with a passion because how dare he support human rights, it seems unlikely that he'll be able to challenge Obama. And good, I say.
It's not that he's liberal, it's that he's liberal when he's the governor of a liberal state, then he starts talking the conservative talk when trying to run for President. I like the fact that he'd be less of a wing nut than some of the others, but I can't stand him personally. He's the very image of the slick talking politician.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote