Music Banter - View Single Post - Anyone been pulled over for no reason before?
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 02:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
ThePhanastasio
Killed Laura Palmer

That's really lame, but I have seen things like this happen around where I live before - I think a lot of the time they're pulling people over because their cars match descriptions of wanted people.

One time, it was around midnight and my friends and I were headed to the park to walk, and we got blue lights. We were confused, because we'd not been speeding, our registration was up to date, we were driving in the county the car was registered to, and everything.

The state trooper walked over to the car, peered in, shone his flashlight in everyone's faces, and asked where we were headed. We completely honestly answered that we were going to the park to walk around.

He then asked my friend who was driving to step out of the vehicle, and another state trooper pulled up.

One of the troopers interrogated my friend behind the car, patted him down, and all of that good stuff, while the first guy leaned into the window and asked us for proof that we were over 18 and all of that good stuff. We handed him our IDs, he looked at them, then handed them back.

Then, he walked behind the car with the other trooper.

After ten minutes, they let my buddy back into the car - and they never even gave us a reason for pulling us over.

He said that they just patted him down and asked him where he was coming from, where he'd been, if he owned his car, and all of that. They never even checked his insurance or registration.

Apparently, though, there was a wanted fugitive who'd last been seen in a car matching that description, who was also roughly the same height and hair color of my friend. We found that out the next day from a friend of ours who works with the city police department. They just let us go, but it was really weird.

It's a hand-me-down, the thoughts are broken
Perhaps they're better left unsung
ThePhanastasio is offline   Reply With Quote