Music Banter - View Single Post - The Beatles vs The Beach Boys
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 09:20 PM   #296 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Duce View Post
the covers aren't much good
I think all Beatles covers are interesting in some way no matter how bad they are. I have this fascination with Beatles cover songs... I don't know why. In some sense it answers the question to: "Did you ever wonder hey what if the Beatles were in an alternative universe and they were a Surf, (Garage, R&B, Country, Classical or Jazz ) Band? I think that adds to their posterity the fact so many artist and bands covered Beatles' songs. Like they say what comes around goes around (or in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make something like that) The Beatles started out as cover band, and did a wide variety of covers, genres spanning early Motown, Musicals, Country, early Rock and Roll and R&B. They did it in a time when radio was for the most part segregated in the US, and in the their own way help to bridge the gap, and in turn artist and bands from those genres covered their songs. I think it's fitting to have so many artist from all over take interest in a small band from Liverpool, it makes them one of the more unique Rock bands in Popular music.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote