Music Banter - View Single Post - Hurra Torpedo
Thread: Hurra Torpedo
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 04:11 AM   #5 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

This thread doesn't seem to have generated much interest, but Hurra Torpedo are in the norwegian news today as it seems the band is going to quit (although they're hardly reliable when it comes to that sort of stuff - I'm sure they quit before as well, perhaps more than once). However, while I suspect we'll see them in the future, it seems drummer Kristopher Schau is serious about quitting due to the injuries he gets from playing in the band. Among other things, he's completely crunched his finger once and last year, he broke his arm on the second song during a concert, but kept playing until they were done.

When they were touring the US, they had a photographer along who took pictures. Those pictures haven't been used for anything, but it seems now that the band is quitting, they're putting together a picture book which should contain those and other goodies. I guess I might get it.

Those interested can read the news article here, perhaps with some translation help from google : Hurra Torpedo gir seg - VG Nett