Music Banter - View Single Post - The Rolling Stones: "Beggars Banquet," "Let It Bleed," & "Sticky Fingers"
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 06:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
RMR
Front to Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chives View Post
Interesting. I look forward to seeing these reviews as they fold out!

I don't know the Stones as nearly as well as I should quite yet, but Beggars Banquet has always been my go-to album when I've wanted to listen to them. Mainly because Sympathy for the Devil got me to listen to the album many more times than most of their other albums. Each time I listen to Banquet I enjoy it a little bit more!
I used to be what you would call a radio Rolling Stones fan, meaning that I liked all the Stones songs that were played on the radio, but I never really got into them or bought any of their albums. Once I picked up "Beggars Banquet," I was hooked and started collecting their albums, many of which are amazing all the way through. Frankly, I think that any music fan should have at least "Beggars Banquet," "Let It Bleed," and "Sticky Fingers" in their collection. There is really not a bad song on any of those three albums, and those three albums created a genre in the process: "sleaze rock."

I'll post my review of "Let It Bleed" soon.