Music Banter - View Single Post - x factor ...
Thread: x factor ...
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 02:38 PM   #55 (permalink)
thedarkness
Groupie

I dont love or hate the X-factor, its entertaining when there is nothing on tv!

I can see why people love it (theres nothing wrong with karaoke!) but the whole idea of the big labels taking advantage of the concept by making it into one big phone in big time money-making contest, trying to turn all the winners into so called 'celebrities' just for the sake of it (not just for their singing ability).. is probably the big turn off for almost everyone else. Similar to Big Brother and just about every other reality show, 'its all about the money-money-money!' LOL. Others are unhappy that there is the possibility that these acts could clog up the charts next to "real" artists, that write their own material. I would probably respect the show more if the winners had more control over their output, given more options on what to sing or even write if they wished, and werent just a told what to do, as yet another monkey for the industry. Im not saying one of these shows isnt enough, but some competition wouldnt be a bad thing-it would seem all of these shows are owned by Simon Cowell-that may not help either when so many dont like his personality, and believe he stole the idea for Britain/Americas Got Talent and the X-Factor anyway (whilst he was working on Pop Idol in the uk back in 2000, when he was just a judge). He seems to just be re-labelling his own shows every few years to inject new interest, when in reality its just more of the same. He is one of the richest celebrities, and supposedly although he has given some money to charity (according to the wiki), it is unknown as to exactly how much and how often.
thedarkness is offline   Reply With Quote