Music Banter - View Single Post - Need to get a louder bass amp, not sure where to start
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 05:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
GuitarBizarre
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazara View Post
Thanks for the reply, at the moment my band is just really a hobby and I hadn't particularly thought about the prospects of trying to make it big, as it's obviously incredibly competitive. We've got two festivals that are likely to have us, but I'm not sure how big the places are, and we're also starting to do a few small bars/clubs. I'm only 15 (16 in a month or two) so I don't have an abundance of money (thus why I only have a Squier P-bass) so I was hoping for an amp under £250, although I don't have much of an idea about the price ranges of different wattages.

100 watts is enough.

How portable are 100 watt amps? I'm not what people would call a 'hench' guy, it would be a bit unfortunate to buy one and then find that I'd require help lifting it up

You're not going to get an amplifier that's easily portable by one person unless its a small amp. If its a small amp, it won't be loud enough. Its that simple. You're going to need two people if you want to move it further than "Around the same building", (IE, up one flight of stairs and across the floor of that building will be just about doable) especially if there are stairs involved. You don't need to be huge, but regardless of what you buy, forget about it being easy to move on your own.

I think they have one of the same bass as mine (P-bass) hanging on the wall in my local music shop, but thanks for the reminder!

Bring yours anyway. Different instruments sound different even when they're built the same way.

Would save me buying numerous pedals I guess!!
there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!
GuitarBizarre is offline   Reply With Quote