Music Banter - View Single Post - Ambient, industrial, noise, etc...
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 10:06 AM   #4 (permalink)
bob.
Still sends his reguards.

i could not agree with jackhammer more

i think in the beginning of "industrial" the concept was to create something new that was not influenced at all by anything music wise....especially rock.....and its there in the earlier bands ....i mean Throbbing Gristle is by far much more influenced by ABBA and 60s Psychedelic pop much more than traditional "rock"....i heard an interview with Gen not to long ago whwere he states how upset the four of them were becoming because within their own experiment they were being pinned as being one certain way....which he said they were that way....i think it was nihilistic...but there was much more complex layers to what they were doing.....

and yeah when i listen to Kollaps....which is actually pretty often....although there is obvious use of traditional "rock" instruments.....ie guitar and bass....they are hardly used in the conventional way

i'm trying my hardest to think of whaen the typical "industrial" sound and rock music really started to blend so wel.....although i don't think its the first....its probably one of the most influential albums....but Ministry's The Land of rape and Honey seems to me to be a big change for the genre as a whole
bob. is offline   Reply With Quote