Music Banter - View Single Post - AwwSugar wants a Smartphone! iPhone, perhaps? (Verizon Wireless)
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 04:16 AM   #4 (permalink)
s_k
Music Addict

The iPhone is a great phone.
Only reasons not to buy one are
1. It's Apple, which is a **** company (at least overhere)
2. You have to use iTunes to manage your phone. And iTunes is probably the worst piece of software ever made.
3. Reallyreallyreallyveryexpensive.

If you want a phone that's fun (as in games, fun apps etcetera) I suggest you'd go for an android phone. An iPhone may be better in some ways, but Android is growing really fast and there's tons and tons of free apps for Android. Another great thing about Android is that there's so many phones running it. You can get a Sony, HTC, Samsung, Motorola, whatever you like. They'll all run the same apps.
I like the new HTC's. They're pretty sturdy and stable. I still have to run into the first modern day Samsung that has proper sound quality (by which I mean the sound the person you talk to is hearing). Motorola's are said to be quite slow compared to the others, Sony has had some really serious build quality issues lately. I'm not sure if that's been solved by now, you may want to check that out.

I myself own a Blackberry 9700 Bold, which I like very much, but you can tell it's growing old and Blackberry really has to change their ways quickly. I wouldn't buy a new Blackberry right now. They are sturdy, amazingly quick and very intuitive to use phones, but they support next to no apps at all and they are too limited to really use them as a sort of tablet PC, which you can do with an android Phone or iPhone.

Then there's nokia. I've always been a Nokia fan, but they kept using their Symbian operating system which was nice up till 2005 or something. When smartphones came, nokia didn't follow. I heard they got some phones running Windows Phone 7 and it's said to be quite good. Strange thing is... I don't know anyone using it.

So... Pick one. I say, got with HTC. They were crap before, but every HTC I have laid my hands on was working better than expected.