Music Banter - View Single Post - Looking for an instrumental piece
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 05:17 AM   #2 (permalink)
azizan
Groupie

Dear Dave 7777

I am having the same problem figuring with the instrumentals that i have been searching for. Although in instrumentals it is extremely hard to trace ; below are some tips that i personally use
- As soon as you hear it - go to the source immediately and ask for not only the name as names in instrumentals are frequently repeated but also the composer or band
- Try to identify the main instrument in the instrumental ie pan flute - then u may search for it under that instrument main player (ie zamfier for pan flute)
- Try to telephone the radio station immediately for info if u hear it through radio
- Known and famous instrumentals usually played in many forms : Piano-flute - violen - orchestra - thus one u catch the name the variations in the instruments is easy to trace
- There are many instrumental compilations for sale or DL - u will likely be lucky to find what u are looking for in these compilations. Imagin i have just downloaded a file named the best 200 albums of instrumental music ( 35 GB) containing more than 4000 instrumentals pieces

Sorry for the details but wish u sucess

Count your age by friends not years