Music Banter - View Single Post - Tales from the Jam Room
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 04:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Probably one of the most personal journals I've read, ever, but unlike two others which place(d) more of an emphasis on gaining pity or sympathy --- at least as far as I understood it --- or even sharing their rage/depression/morbidity, this one seems to take what I look at as being a pretty pragmatic if not openly optimistic view of their life. Yes, bad things have happened to you, but you don't seem to (as you say yourself) turn your journal into a cry for pity/attention. You use your own experiences as a way to explain why you make, and love, music, and it's extremely refreshing.
Thanks for this. That's pretty much it, I just want to get it out there so I don't have to keep holding it in haha.

Music has very much been a double edged sword in my head. Really though, consider the purpose of adolescent rebellion for typical teenagers, and... well, how the hell do you rebel against a rockstar?

I'm not in a band anymore, though any of the 'bands' I was in were never really more than superficial titles to apply to the random jams we made.

As for the crossdressing thing I've thought about it in the past, mainly as a lark for Halloween but my physique is slender enough that with a padded bra and some butt pads I could definitely provide some good Aphex Twin level WTF-ery for people noticing me from behind first hahaha (especially since I wouldn't shave my face hahaha)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote