Music Banter - View Single Post - Spanish language music anyone?
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 05:35 PM   #136 (permalink)
Zaqarbal
Music Addict

*Another big name: Burning (since 1977; though the two main members died in 1987 and 1997, respectively). This is an extremely important band. First-class rock en español.

- ¿Qué hace una chica como tú en un sitio como este? ("What is a Girl Like You Doing in a Place Like This?", 1979) and Mueve tus caderas ("Move Your Body", 1979):

♫ "¿Qué hace una chica como tú ................................ What is a girl like you doing
en un sitio como este? ................................ in a place like this?
¿Qué clase de aventura ................................ What kind of adventure
has venido a buscar? ................................ are you looking for?

Los años te delatan, nena; ................................ Your age gives you away, baby;
estás fuera de sitio. ................................ you're out of place.
Vas de caza: ................................ You go hunting:
¿a quién vas a atrapar? ................................ who are you going to catch?

No utilices ................................ Don't play
tus juegos conmigo. ................................ your games with me.

Mujer fatal, siempre con problemas. ................................ Femme fatale, always in trouble.
Mujer fatal, siempre con problemas. ................................ Femme fatale, always in trouble.

¿Qué tienes en los ojos, nena? ................................ Is there something in your eye, baby?
¿O es que vas a llorar? ................................ Or maybe you're about to cry?
Ya sé que alguien pisó tu orgullo ................................ I know that someone hurt your pride
en un oscuro portal. ................................ in a dark and gloomy doorway.

No intentes atraparme, ................................ Don't try to catch me,
he aprendido a volar. ................................ I've learnt to fly away.

¿Qué hace una chica como tú ................................ What is a girl like you doing
en un sitio como este? ................................ in a place like this?
(X 3)

Mujer fatal, este no es tu sitio. ................................ Femme fatale, this isn't your place.

Mujer fatal, siempre con problemas... ................................ Femme fatale, always in trouble...
" ♫

- No es extraño que tú estés loca por mí ("It's Hardly Surprising You're Mad About Me"; listen to the splendid unplugged version too) and Esto es un atraco ("This is a Robbery"):

- Una noche sin ti ("A Night Without You", 1984) and Puedes sentirlo ("You Can Feel It", 1979):

Puedes sentirlo

♫ "Óyeme, nena:.............Listen to me, baby:
rompe tus cadenas...........................break free from your chains.
Vamos a hacerlo.........................We'll do it
como tu prefieras....................as you like.

Si es que realmente....................If you are really
puedes ver las estrellas,...................... able to see the stars,
tengo la llave caliente.................I've got the hot key
que abre tu paraíso...................that opens your paradise.

Puedes sentirlo.....................You can feel it.
Puedes sentirlo, oh, sí!...................You can feel it, oh, yeah!....

(...)" ♫

And also (click): Jim Dinamita, Madrid, Rock & Roll Mama, Hey nena, Seducción ("Seduction") and many others. There is a complilation (Lo que el tiempo no borró, 1998), a superb live album from 1991 (En directo) and an unplugged album (Dulces dieciséis, 2005; very recommended too).