Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Pro Wrestling Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 02:59 AM   #151 (permalink)
ThePhanastasio
Killed Laura Palmer

Anyone presently on the boards still watch wrestling (WWE mainly, but I'll check out TNA and ROH when I get the chance)?

I actually think the WWE are stepping up their game and taking a big step in the right direction right now. Chris Jericho is currently making one of the most interesting returns I've seen in quite some time, if not one of the most interesting ever. Bryan Danielson (Daniel Bryan) is holding a strap, as are CM Punk, Cody Rhodes, and Zack Ryder. Interesting to see that they're giving young guys time to shine, instead of leaning on their established champions (Cena, Orton) too much.

Also, the PG-era seems to be coming to an end. Kane is back, and as dark as ever, and I've actually seen bloodshed in non-PPV matches. Plus, holy ****, John Cena is doing more than three wrestling moves - he's still not great by any stretch of the imagination, but at least he's not just doing those same moves over and over...

TNA is doing better than they had for much of 2011, with Bobby Roode holding the strap and being challenged by Meth...I mean Jeff...Hardy.

Pretty interesting stuff lately, and I've been pleasantly surprised on a few occasions.

It's a hand-me-down, the thoughts are broken
Perhaps they're better left unsung
ThePhanastasio is offline   Reply With Quote