Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 02:54 PM   #17828 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
Good luck on finding a new job.
It's good seeing you around here as well.
Thanks it's good to be back though I'm trying to avoid becoming a daily obsessive again haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by RezZ
Same problem with me mate. I had to move out of my last place and back into my parents for the time being. Little better for me though in that i work 3pm-12am. Sleep all morning, up all night.

I definitly agree it messes up everything when the world around you is 9-5. I get lots of **** from people for having that schedule as Im sure you do as well. Just curious if you dont mind me asking what you do? And what would you like to do?
I hear you all too well. I broke most people out of expecting me to be social a few years ago. The idea of going out to the bar during what feels like 'the first thing' in the 'morning' doesn't quite click 100% with most people when they see the sun setting as you're speaking the words.

What I was currently doing was taking care of daily paperwork in a market research call center as a 'data entry clerk'. It was a decent enough job when I started in 2008 but it got slowly restructured over the last few years and support from management eroded during the same period. Now I make 25% more per hour but almost 50% less per year.

I've got a lead to get into a local game developer as a tester. I already worked with a few of the company veterans about a decade ago so it's looking rather favourable. I'm also quite confident that if they do hire me as a tester I'd be able to transition into a designer/project manager role relatively quickly.

The big dream is to work that game development job well enough to get a good 10-15 years of experience before trading that into the ultimate 9-5 job and teaching game design fundamentals back to college kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote