Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 12:11 PM   #17842 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

So today was my first day of "music appreciation", which I took to fill out my schedule for this semester...
The instructor seems a total douche. Not a bro douche, but a flamboyant marching band geek from California douche. He's literally a flamboyant marching band geek from California. He reminds me SO much of how I imagined Bandteacher1 to be. He even looks like the fake picture Bandteacher1 used of himself.

So I didn't really know what to expect in this class, as I knew nothing about it, but the instructor made it a point to start the class off with a spiel about how people mostly listen to all pop music and have a narrow scope of what they find appealing, and a power-point presentation with a list of music genres he likes...
I felt it was my duty to point out in his list that Avant-Guard is not a genre, and Techno is a very specific sub-genre of EDM.

He started us off with some atrocious World music accompanied by very ridiculous dance moves, if you want to call it that. Then he went into some terminology for music structure on his little keyboard, followed by showing us what woodwinds were... I then realized that for an entire semester, we would be subjected to him playing piano, bouncing around all chipper, and listening to all his favorite music.

Passing this class will be easy.
Enjoying it will not.
I should have taken the Pro-Tools class instead.