Music Banter - View Single Post - SATCHMO Spouts About Science, Life, and Isms: Another Goddamn Religion Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 06:16 AM   #8 (permalink)
Howard the Duck
Live by the Sword

lemme say first - I am a Deist

i think most people here already know I am a Gnostic Christian, yet I don't see science and God as non-magisterial overlaps - to rephrase Dawkins

i appreciate that my Christian experiences may have some scientific reasoning, yet i do not discount that there was a spiritual force behind it

i do not believe in a loving benign God - the evidence around me denies it, there's too much violence and abuse in the world to want to believe in a God that lovingly protects people

in fact, i only believe in a chaotic impartial being at the epicentre of the Universe, where all life originated from, and that Jesus is the loving force, and belief in him will only make him an advocate for you during the Apocalypse's aftermath, as to whether you will end up in Heaven or not

it's somewhat akin to a stern father like in Catholicism, but i would say he's a father that doesn't bother and let you do what you like and only through Christ you are saved

i rebuke against common views of Jesus, and instead believe in the so-called Gnostic Gospels as well (where Jesus is closer to superhuman), those that were dispelled during the Nicene Creed as the "canonical gospel" and i believe in the apocryphal books as well - i have more faith in the Vulgate than the current Hebrew Old Testament

i have doubts about an afterlife, cos all evidence just points to a light switching off when you die - and even if there is one, I will probably end up in Purgatory, cos Jesus can't make a strong enough case for me yet

hope i made sense

Malaise is THE dominant human predilection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virgin View Post
what? i don't understand you. farming is for vegetables, not for meat. if ou disagree with a farming practice, you disagree on a vegetable. unless you have a different definition of farming.
Howard the Duck is offline   Reply With Quote