Music Banter - View Single Post - Bumpy Moments with YOUR Band?
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 02:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
Necromancer
Divination

I've played most all live venues except the (big Dog) stadium. And everything that could happen or go wrong has happened. From mic chords shorting out to total electrical failure. I'm not proud to admit, that I've been pretty fucked up on stage before. But I've always been lucky enough to pull it out of my ass, and finish the show. It doesnt take long to learn and work together as a band in order to cover up mistakes that come along. Just keep it "Fun" and learn from the mistakes that arrive. Its all part of paying your dues.

But one of the funniest ones, was back in the 80s when we had a two night gig, Friday and Saturday night. I pretty well sang 25 to 30% of my vocals out the first night. And we were sitting at the club a couple of hous before we started. And one of the guitar players suggested that I should take a hit of speed (Black Beauty), because it might help my voice. That was a major mistake on my part..Lol..so..
I suggested opening with a fairly easy cover by ZZ Top..(and nothing came out)!

I asked the guitar player "What am I gonna do now"? He casually turned and said "just drink whiskey strait, with no chaser".

I'll never forget playing somewhere in Columbus, Oh. And we were all just returning to the stage for our 3rd or 4th set, and one of our guitarist, while stepping up on the stage itself, fell flat on his face with his guitar on, Geesh..hehe. I could hear someone in the crowd reply "Damn, that guys drunk". I can still see that happening so vividly..hehe.
Necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote