Music Banter - View Single Post - American Presidency Campaign
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 10:03 AM   #170 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash_override View Post
He got the liberals excited but never had a chance to win the general. He had zero swing vote potential. Newt Gingrich is the same, a cardboard candidate, he has no chance to beat Obama. Just like Kerry, when we desperately NEEDED the incumbent out. If you ask me, we're still feeling the negative effects from that 2004 re-election.

I personally think Romney and Paul are the only candidates with a chance to win it all... and even Romney's win would be for all the wrong reasons. I think we should just start to prepare for another 4 years of Obama...
I agree with you about the negative effects from 2004. However, Kerry would have won had it not been for the Swift Boat clowns. I'm not going to complain, Kerry should have come out early and stomped them. So its his fault he lost. But he was the reasonable person on foreign policy and had a lot of potential. He's a miserable campaigner for the Mid-West though. Up here, I think people demand you have something more than talking points, and take resentment to those who don't. But I don't think most people want that Nationwide.

I don't think Obama is nearly as bad as everyone makes him out to be. Most of what he's failed at has been largely due to Congress, and what Congress hasn't been involved in he's been very successful (mostly foreign policy).