Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 10:15 AM   #9380 (permalink)
FRED HALE SR.
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
My grandfather died yesterday. He was 97 and wasn't well so it wasn't necessarily a surprise but it still sucks. I lived with him for a while in my teens and was pretty close to him. He was a crusty, curmudgeonly kind of guy but he was also an incredibly kindhearted person who did a lot to help other people, and he was an excellent classical and ragtime pianist. He was also my last remaining grandparent on either side of the family so I feel this massive sense of loss, not just of him, but of his entire generation of my family. There were so many questions I still wanted to ask him.

People, seriously, if you have older relatives who are still alive, spend as much time with them as you can.
I lost my Grandmother at 90 years old in September of last year. It really does hit hard. I remember how classy and engaging she was along with my other grandparents. Their generation will surely be missed. People forget how important it is to spend time with family, rather then soak their brains in technology and entertainment. Sorry for your loss.
FRED HALE SR. is offline   Reply With Quote