Music Banter - View Single Post - American Presidency Campaign
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 12:40 PM   #173 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monkey View Post
That's hardly an excuse. The Democrats had majority in both Houses the first two years of his presidency, and he still didn't close Gitmo, nor revert Bush's enormous tax cuts for the rich. He needs to grow some ****ing balls and actually do the things he promised he would.
Well the tax cuts would have expired if the republicans didn't hold hostage the unemployment funding.

As for Gitmo, where do you propose he move those prisoners to? I'm less concerned about Gitmo when we have an administration who knows what torture means.

Also, my apologies for the aggressive nature of my next sentence. I don't know what Republican, THAT CAN GET ELECTED, is going to close Gitmo or maintain the same position on "enhanced interrogation." I can't even imagine the logic behind hating a President who'd done 85% of what he said he would do despite massive blockades, because 1 thing, which had logistical complications.

If you are mad at Obama because he didn't commit to 100% of what he wanted to do, vote for ****ing Santa Clause in 2012 because no one else is going to give you what you want. Its the most illogical, infantile rebuke of a politician you could make, and it highlights a wildly naive understanding of how the American political system works. If you consider yourself a man of the left, you ought to be ashamed to have come out on that position.