Music Banter - View Single Post - best lyrics ever
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2004, 12:53 AM   #33 (permalink)
covle
Music Addict

avrils doesnt consider herself punk. i read an article that quoted her as saying:"i dont know why everybody sees me as this badass pubk chik with no respect for the rulkes. im not even a punk!". is that not the stupidest thing youv ever read? her manager does though. you know that before she "made it big" she did a duet with celine dion in canada? but she is one of the things that is really sh!tting me in music. she is one of the leading factors that is popularising punk. she is getting all the 12 yr olds into "punk" and then into bands like simple plan and blink (i have no respect for such bands...sorry to anybody out there)
and then they rock up to festivals and gigs and act so tough like they know all there is about music and they come in here and bitch about bands that play for their fans, not their record labels. punk begun as an underground movement. i would hate to see it become the top 40 and that crap. that would ruin the genre and kill off the true "punk" bands. doesnt "punk" mean to go against the mainstream anyway? let us all hope that the genre does not get overrun by the corporations and ceo's of the music industry today

whoa...i quoted atreyu, that means im hardcore. look how hardcore i am!! thats hardcore...XXX
covle is offline   Reply With Quote