Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Pro Wrestling Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 03:50 PM   #155 (permalink)
ThePhanastasio
Killed Laura Palmer

Jericho did finally speak yesterday. A mere sentence: "At the Royal Rumble on Sunday, it's going to be the end of the world as you know it."

Smile.

Blackout.

Cue sparkling.

I do agree with your potential rumble winners. My personal conviction is that it will either be Barrett or Jericho, but Sheamus and Orton would definitely make a lot of sense, too.

And nah, I don't think it's the *best* gimmick ever, per say, I'm just excited that someone is doing something this weird. I mean, you've got Chris Jericho, a man who can cut a promo up there with the best of 'em, known throughout his career for outstanding mic skills...and he comes back essentially silent.

Granted, my thinking is that he just came back and was trying to get some heat while the Ziggler/Punk thing plays out...so that when that's been wrapped up nice and tidy, he can really dig into a good Punk feud.

I don't know if I see Bryan going into 'Mania with the strap either. I think he's going to win his match at the Rumble, because they're really trying to fully get him over as a legitimate heel...he's getting good heat, but the announcers are still treating him like more of a 'tweener at the moment.

I HAVE heard that Regal would like an opportunity to wrestle Bryan for the title - teacher vs. student - so that he can finally hold the WHC and be a Grand Slam champion.

Also, I really wish they would do something interesting with Swagger, instead of leaving him as an Angle clone...or that he could learn to cut better promos. The guy's chock full of talent, he's got a good look, but he's not exciting. And that's unfortunate.

Cody Rhodes, however, has been impressing the hell out of me as of late. He, in my opinion, really started to be something special when he was completely committed to that horrible undashing, hideous face with the clear mask gimmick. Now that the mask **** is off of his face and he's getting good heat by speaking ill of his daddy and brother (speaking of people who are good on the mic: The American Dream Dusty Rhodes is hands down the best, in my opinion) and saying he's the last hope for the Rhodes family.

I'm actually interested in Cena right now, honestly. He was so stagnant and I hated him so much for so long...but whenever I see him now, my interest is legitimately piqued. And what of that horrible face he made at the camera yesterday? Haha!

It's a hand-me-down, the thoughts are broken
Perhaps they're better left unsung

Last edited by ThePhanastasio; 01-24-2012 at 03:57 PM.
ThePhanastasio is offline   Reply With Quote