Music Banter - View Single Post - Singing
Thread: Singing
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 05:48 PM   #69 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogmaticRock View Post
I'm what they call a standard tenor.
My range is A2-D5.
I find I have the same range as Art Garfunkel, Gerard Way from My Chemical Romance, and Kenny Loggins (for the record I am not a fan of Garfunkel or Loggins)
My dad says I need more "power" in my voice to be heard over the electric guitars and drums. He says not necessarily volume.
How do I achieve this "power"?
Huh...I assume you're using a microphone while singing with electric guitars and drums? Do you have any recordings to share that demonstrate what your dad thinks is the problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trick Bastard View Post
My practice range is F2 - C6. Although when I've been on stage doing al the bad ass **** you're supposed to do when you're a rocker, I find it comfortable to stay between F3 - A4.
Whoa. Your practice range is huge!!

This made me curious how my usable vocal range would be classified.

I found that with Middle C as C4, I can sing from F3 (the F below middle C) to F5 (two F's above middle C). I can sing E3 and G5 in tune but don't feel comfortable with those notes...and I really prefer not to sing notes above D5.

Looking this up on Wikipedia Vocal range - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, I learned that my vocal range is a perfect Contralto (F3 – F5), the lowest female voice. This makes me think I should probably exploit my lower notes more.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote