Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 12:32 PM   #4322 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
And what do you mean by 'free to pay models'? Last I checked, you're still paying $60 for the game. It's $60 by the way, not $50. You'd know this if you were actually paying attention to the industry.
You speak like the only thing that matters in the gaming industry is the next AAA title. Why did you bring up the Modern Warfare angle but ignore my Rockband example for DLC?

Consider the popularity of casual gaming through browsers, social networking sites, tablets, and phones. Sure it might not be 'hardcore', but it's kind of impossible to deny the success of that market or the fact that they do produce games. How much does it cost to get Farmville? Is it really $60? I used $50 as an example of how it's easier to convince a lot of people to buy a small thing for cheap than it is to convince people to buy a big thing for a lot.

As for the Free to Play model just about every MMO out there besides World of Warcraft and the new Star Wars game don't charge monthly fees anymore. Not only did they get rid of the financial entry barrier and monthly subscriptions, some have even turned around to proclaim increased revenue greater than they ever had while operating with the classic 'pay first' model.

Again, are you actually paying attention to the industry or just to your particular niche preference?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote