Music Banter - View Single Post - So What Are We Drinking Tonight?
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 05:41 PM   #1952 (permalink)
FRED HALE SR.
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrd00d View Post
Trading beers? Tell me more! That sounds like a great, fun way to try new things. I don't have anything at the moment, but I could buy some Ninkasi's from Eugene, Oregon, or Stone Brewery stuff from Escondido, California, but I have a feeling those aren't rare enough to bother with? Well it's cool that you're having such fun/good trading. How'd this start?
Well it started at a few various websites i go to for sporting purposes. In passing I had told people i was willing to trade if they were. The most notable place to do so is beer advocate. I haven't participated there as of yet, but i have many friends who have told me of great trades they have participated in. They have a basic forum for discussions and as you get to know people better, you can offer them trades for certain beers they have listed as up for trade in their profiles. Generally the person who has been their the longer of the two will be the first to ship and it really comes down to what you are looking for in trade as just about everything is available. After receiving your beer you reciprocate in kind. Its full proof, as my buddy has made about 20 trades since becoming a member there. I merely use it to determine which beers i am interested in. Its a reputable site and people are regulated on the trade section and its a hell of a nice option. I have a few i trade with now in the midwest area so i can attain beers from that area, such as the hopslam.

As I have stated i'm up for trade, but as it stands i live in Cali so all of the Oregon and washington state all the way to alaska and midnight sun is available here. I do have some from back east and several from the midwest. I mainly look for beer that is very rare, but i'm willing to help someone out that wants something rare for themselves. I'd take a look at beer advocate and get back to me, maybe i can help you out, or vice versa. Let me know, i'm willing to send first and i had some oregon beers earmarked that were more upper level, i can get back to you on. I also live near bootleggers/breury in southern california and can attain their rare beers such as knuckle sandwich which are increasing in popularity. Talk to ya.
FRED HALE SR. is offline   Reply With Quote