Music Banter - View Single Post - The "Art" of Pick Up
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 09:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

I read most of Neil Strauss' The Game and it had some interesting psychological material in it, that unfortunately, gets abandoned for the application. There was real potential to try and write a book that brought together science and application. As for the actual "art" itself, I'm not particularly a fan. The idea of lowering a woman's self-esteem so they'll touch your boner comes across as even below used car salesman sleazy. The mentality that many of the practitioners share is as a little disquieting too. Basically to them they see that the sexes are constantly "at war" with each other and by having sex with a woman is the way of showing dominance. There's really no other variables like love or compassion as reasons to have sex, just a way to assert your dominance over the "inferior" sex and get yourself off.

I don't really have a problem if you use some of the techniques to help you open up and become more sociable, while leaving that half baked dogma it was founded on at the door. Use it to get your foot in the front door, but when it comes to crossing the bedroom threshold be a gentleman about it.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote