Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Pro Wrestling Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 05:11 PM   #159 (permalink)
ThePhanastasio
Killed Laura Palmer

Jericho can definitely play either a heel or a face, and brilliantly, but he's so much fun as a heel. I'd prefer to see heel Jericho, if not immediately, at some point during this run. Face Jericho is more of a rarity though, and I know he likes to switch things up.

As far as Punk - personally, I really like him. I think he's a good in-ring worker, but I'd much rather he be a heel. Yes, I know, I have a soft spot for heel wrestlers. But really, at this point he's really over as a face, in spite of having heel-like tendencies...so it'd be a chore to get him over as a heel. Remember Stone Cold? The only way they were able to turn him heel was aligning him with McMahon, and even then...he still got a pop. I'm not saying Punk's quite as loved as Austin was, but the man makes the WWE lots of dough with merch, so he's pretty well-loved.

The Laurinaitis thing is something I'm loving. Weirdly enough, I've begun to see Johnny as almost sympathetic in a sad, pathetic way. He feels the need constantly to remind people that he's got power and clout, but he doubts himself and resents people who he sees as legitimately successful. His character is a sad, sad, man, and I've felt bad for him a few times. Probably not the intended effect, but I have.

Looking forward to the Bryan / Henry / Show match at the Rumble. I do believe that Bryan will retain as well, and love that the main complaint about him before was, "He's probably one of the best if not the best in the ring, but he's bland," and now he's cutting some great promos. Really excited for the guy. He deserves this.

I don't think that Barrett will win at the Rumble. I'm thinking it WILL come down to Barrett, Sheamus, Orton, and Jericho, but Y2J has never won a Rumble, and this may be his last run in the ol' WWE...so I think they may want to give him that, although I don't know if it's what Jericho wants. He's weird.

As far as the Cole thing, I think he's already starting to go back on what he's said a little. He said something in Bryan's favor on Smackdown, although I can't remember for the life of me what it was. I'll have to watch that clip again.

I'm also thinking they will let D.Bryan and Regal have a title match, which is one of the reasons I think that Bryan will retain. That actually kind of messes up my Rumble prediction for the final four, though: I think that if Regal is a surprise entrant in the RR, he'll take the place of Sheamus in the final four, probably Orton's in the final three. If he's in the Rumble, I'm feeling a Jericho/Barrett/Regal finale, with Regal probably having been #29 or #30 to enter the ring.

I would have no issue with a Kofi/Swagger feud, assuming they find a way to a.) Keep Vicki away from Swagger, please God, and b.) He learns to cut a better promo.

I do like that Primo and Epico are holding the tag team titles, but wish that if they had been considering using Kingston in ANOTHER tag stable, they'd have paired Yoshi with him. Yoshi has been horribly misused by the organization. He should at least have been fighting regularly in the low card; not completely buried and absent until being teamed up with Santino...who, I will say, isn't honestly a horrible wrestler, but he's hard to take seriously.

I am also looking forward to the Rumble. My friends and I are actually buying it this year instead of streaming it online...we usually only actually purchase 'Mania. With that card and the surprisingly interesting storylines they've got going, we decided it would be foolish not to buy it.

It's a hand-me-down, the thoughts are broken
Perhaps they're better left unsung
ThePhanastasio is offline   Reply With Quote