Music Banter - View Single Post - The "Art" of Pick Up
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 06:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Sansa Stark
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odyshape View Post
I think its important for most guys not to be necessarily dominant so to speak in a relationship but it should be implied by the guy that when appropriate he has the ability to do so. Most good relationships are like that not just romantic ones. Everyone has their certain forms of dominance that are accustom to what they are best at. So I am not confining the the idea of "being relatively dominant over women as being best" but I do think that is usually how most healthy boy girl romantic relationships work out. I believe in general there are inclinations that could be from our evolutionary past or maybe some common cultural attributes that predispose many people to find satisfaction in relationships that work through some form of dominance.

Keep in mind my definition of dominance in the context of a healthy relationship is very different than what I would consider it to be in other contexts. To me dominance simply means you imply that you have the ability to take control of yourself and if reasonable have the ability to not control others but persuade them for a mutual benefit. Kind of like being able to see the big picture.

Maybe the way I am using the word dominance isn't even really dominance... If any one who is good with words could maybe fill me in on what may be a more suitable word it would be appreciated.

* P.S this isn't meant to be sexist I am just speaking from what things I have learned. I know very well my perception is distorted because of my personal experience, (who's isn't)
Actually, it's not just guys who take the dominant role in relationships. Usually people just naturally have a dominant or submissive personality but it's kind of expected of us women to be submissive or we're not feminine. However, I'm the dominant one in my relationship and it works out for us because that's how our personalities are.
Sansa Stark is offline   Reply With Quote