Music Banter - View Single Post - The Worst Punk band out there
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 09:09 AM   #93 (permalink)
bob.
Still sends his reguards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Duce View Post
isn't All just a new version of the Descendants? they retain some of the original members...

or are you just trying to be sarcastic?
100%....ALL is literally all of Decendents but without Milo (the Scott Reynolds years are my favorite) i love both ALL and Decendents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post
The thing I always liked about the Ramones was you knew it was them the second one of their songs starts because they had such a unique sound.

Most modern punk leaves me cold because I can listen to 100 different bands and barely tell any difference between them.
i agree with this.....the only other band i thing that falls into this is another band that seems to be constantly in this same argument....Bad Religion...i love it when people tell me how much they hate Bad Religion 2 seconds after each song starts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine View Post
Well, not to harp on this, but I still can't see how dated = bad.
You're the one who said they "were really good" after all. Good music gets aged, of course, but does it become bad because of that?
(hint: No, it doesn't.)
absolutely not ....i do agree with the comments about Ramones clone bands in many ways destroying the appeal....but i don't think that has anything to do with the Ramones....i mean i like both Screeching Weasel and The Queers....both of which at least at some point in their careers sound so much like Ramones its annoying.....but i blame the bands not the influence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine View Post
Good. It's essential.
personally i think everything up to and including End Of The Century is essential
bob. is offline   Reply With Quote