Music Banter - View Single Post - Dreams
Thread: Dreams
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 12:05 PM   #295 (permalink)
someonecompletelyrandom
Account Disabled

Wow. I'm not sure what I had last night. It started out as a lucid dream and once I realized it.. I decided to jump into the "astral world" (I've been trying to astral project through mediation for a month now) and it was really, really amazing and frightening what happened next.

After I jumped, the normal "mental feeling" of a dream changed and I could feel myself there as if it were real. I thrusted upwards into the sky and felt myself flying, but it was more than that. It's like I felt some kind of shift in consciousness, like my brain was shifting gears from my physical body to my cosmic ethereal body. I didn't go into any kind of astral realm but I did see my house from above, and I flew higher and saw my entire neighboorhood from a great height. But despite the awareness of my seemingly cosmic body, I still felt the haziness of a dream. Eventually I came to conclude that I was still dreaming.

This is when it gets weird for me. I opened my eyes and saw my ceiling (with my kick-ass remote control fan). But then I realized my eyes were still closed, so I opened my eyes again. Now I saw tiny little black and purple lines dancing across the ceiling and eventually fading away. I felt like I was "back" but I'm not sure where I "went".

The mind is amazing. I wouldn't classify as an "out of body experience" or an "astral projection" (by the way, I take pretty non religious view of both) but wow it was close. It's almost as if I experienced one but I was so drowsy that I wasnt fully conscious for it,
which makes sense since I essentially figured out I was asleep and it was a lucid dream which I then took control of by commanding myself to find my house.
someonecompletelyrandom is offline   Reply With Quote