Music Banter - View Single Post - The "Art" of Pick Up
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 04:41 AM   #28 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

I get The Game, even the insults. If you put every woman on a pedestal instead of treating them like a normal person, that will make you look weird and weak. Insulting someone can be a higher level of social interaction, an advanced way of sharing a joke. It shows that you've got social guts and you're not a pushover and a lot of girls/women will get turned off if someone's too obviously into them. The thing about that is women are selective when it comes to men and will try to get the best quality man they can. That's generally someone who's strong and independent, not someone who's clingy and scared of insulting others.

However, even though I've no doubt many of the techniques work, I still think of it as kinda pathetic. If you rely on pick up game theory in order to get with women, why is that? I realize a lot of nice people struggle with social relations, but I find the game theory a bit misogynic (if that's the word), teaching men to treat women like objects and exploit psychological weaknesses in order to get them to bed. Generally speaking, that's not something nice people do .. even though my best mate admittedly has been using these tricks for quite some time now.