Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 08:38 PM   #9432 (permalink)
duga
MB quadrant's JM Vincent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odyshape View Post
lots of stuff
Ok... This all sounds very similar to how I went through my teenage years (and to a large extent I still go through these things), so I'll throw my 2 cents in.

Above all, just know you are over analyzing things. The fact that you wrote all that and felt better proves this. I bet half an hour later you felt like crap again. This is because for a while, you worked things out in your head in a tangible manner and your logic-loving mind appreciated it. Then your surroundings changed (as in you may have gotten off the net) and your brain had new things to deal with yet again... Hello anxiety. Judging from the lucidity of your post, I'm willing to bet you are a pretty smart and self aware guy. This is good and bad. It means you will be able to appreciate the beauty in the world but you will also feel the bad side of life a lot harder than many people. This is just something you will have to learn to deal with in your own way. I'd tell you how, but I'm still learning myself. Even my appreciation of my own interest in life and figuring these things out has become jaded, so I'm pretty confident this is something I will have to deal with my whole life.

All in all, this is why I am here. I love music. It helps more than anything else. I feel my head running 1000 miles an hour and I know it's time to get lost in an album. I'm sure you already knew this trick, though. Outside of that... Instead of just being honest with people try to relate to them. See where they are coming from in life. The biggest comfort I find in others is realizing everyone has problems and REALLY being able to see how that is.

Anyway... I hope this helps a little.